MILKE DANDA (HILL) TREK OVERVIEW
• Difficulty Level - 3 (On a scale of 5)
• Highest Altitude - 3,690 meters (12,103 ft)
• Group Size - 02-20 persons
• Accommodation Type - Tent
• Duration - 14 days Kathmandu – Kathmandu
• Best Season - March to May and September to January
The famous Milke Danda (Milke Hill) is a 25 km long ridge lying in between the altitudes of 2,580 meters and 3,580 meters - described as an Eastern counterpart of Khaptad Plateau of Far Western Nepal. The ridge has great ecological variation ranging from the Sal Forests of the Tamur and Arun River valleys to alpine vegetation at its highest point. Milke Danda is renowned for for having the highest diversity of Nepalese Rhododendron species (29 out of 32 species reported from Nepal). It has beautiful Mid-hill forest landscapes including the sacred lakes of Gufa Lake and Lam Lake. Milke Dada Trek (Milke Hill Trek) offers a rich ethnic diversity and the area is notable for its core area of dense virgin Rhododendron forest.
A very noticeable long, high forested ridge that divides the Arun & Tamur Valleys will be on the course of the Milke Dada Trek (Milke Hill Trek). We start trek from Basantapur and make a trek of several days up this ridge that offers views of Mount Makalu to the West and Mount Kanchenjunga to the East. The Milke Danda ridge eventually ends in some high peaks, so you must retrace your route back down, perhaps dropping off the West side through Chainpur and ending the trek at Tumlingtar.
There are huge forests of rhododendrons along the ridge, making a spring Milke Dada Trek (Milke Hill Trek) an attractive prospect. You will see red mountains if we schedule to trek in April when the rhododendrons in bloom making the scenery a panorama that one will never forget throughout his / her life time.
DAY TO DAY ITINERARY
Day 01 - Arrive at Kathmandu airport, transfer to hotel, short briefing about trip, welcome dinner
Day 02 - Sightseeing in Kathmandu’s World Heritage Places and re-checking of trekking gears
Day 03 - Fly to Tumlingtar and meet the trekking crew
Day 04 - Trek to Timbure Bhanjyang from Tumlingtar
Day 05 - Trek to Wana from Timbure Bhanjyang
Day 06 - Trek to Mulabari from Wana
Day 07 - Trek to Milke Danda (3,690 meters)
Day 08 - Rest day to explore around
Day 09 - Trek to Gupha Bazar from Milke Danda (Hill)
Day 10 - Trek to Chainpur via Nundhaki
Day 11 - Trek to Tumlingtar from Chainpur
Day 12 - Take a flight from Tumlingtar to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
Day 13 - Free day in Kathmandu, shopping souvenirs and enjoy the farewell dinner
Day 14 - Fly back to home from Kathmandu
Being Outfitter in Nepal and Tour Operator of Milke Dada Trek (Milke Hill Trek), we would like to remind you that these are just standard and tentative estimations. Weather always plays a vital role in all trekking in Nepal. The itinerary changes every season and hence we will be able to provide you with complete details of Milke Dada Trek (Milke Hill Trek) only after you inform us about your travel arrangements and dates for Trekking in Nepal.
As your local Outfitter in Nepal, we will provide you with more information on the breathtaking Milke Dada Trek (Milke Hill Trek) for the ultimate Trekking in Nepal Experience on request.
Our tour information pack will include the followings:
- Complete Overview of the Mountains involved during the Milke Dada Trek (Milke Hill Trek)
- Route of the whole trek for the best trekking in Nepal experience
- Complete list of Gears Required for trekking in Nepal
- Emergency Plans and Rescue Operation overview
- Day to Day Itinerary of Milke Dada Trek (Milke Hill Trek)
- Cost for the whole Milke Dada Trek (Milke Hill Trek)
- Cost of permits and other un-covered expenses that you must be aware of
- Departure dates for the Milke Dada Trek (Milke Hill Trek) of the season that you plan
- Any further information that you might request during your enquiry
Please fill in the form to receive a FREE QUOTE for your trip. All information provided through this form is kept private and will not be disclosed to third parties. We will contact you within 24 hours after receiving your request.