MAKALU BASE CAMP TREK OVERVIEW
• Difficulty Level - 4 (On a scale of 5)
• Highest Altitude - 4,870 meters (15,973 ft)
• Group Size - 02-20 persons
• Accommodation Type - Tent
• Duration - 21 days Kathmandu – Kathmandu
• Best Season - March to May and September to November
Makalu Base Camp Trek also popularly known as Makalu Trek is an outstanding trek in eastern Nepal which can be done from either Hile or Tumlingtar by walking north up the Arun River. From Arun River you trek to Sedua and Num, then cross the Shipton La into the upper Barun River Valley for a close look at Mount Makalu and Mount Chamlang.
Makalu Base Camp Trek (Makalu Trek) visits one of the most remote and unfrequented areas of Nepal. The Burun Valley is part of a huge international protected area under an agreement between Nepal and China Governments. Some groups have attempted an even wilder trek by crossing Sherpani Col and West Col into the upper Hongu Besi.
During the Makalu Base Camp Trek (Makalu Trek) the trek high up to Hongu Besi has proved itself difficult and potentially very dangerous. We do not recommend doing it without prior planning and permits. If you want to go into the upper Hongu Besi and the Panch Pokhari situated there, you will have ot let us know well in advance so that we can suggest if the season is right to do so or not.
DAY TO DAY ITINERAY
Day 01 - Arrive at Kathmandu airport, transfer to hotel, short briefing about trip, welcome dinner
Day 02 - Sightseeing in Kathmandu’s World Heritage Places and re-checking of trekking gears
Day 03 - Afternoon flight to Tumlingtar, meet the trekking crew and stay at Tumlingtar
Day 04 - Drive to Chichila (1,850 meters)
Day 05 - Trek from Chichila to Num (1,505 meters)
Day 06 - Trek from Num to Seduwa (1,530 meters)
Day 07 - Trek from Seduwa to Tasigoan (2,065 meters)
Day 08 - Trek from Tasigoan to Kongma (3,562 meters)
Day 09 - Trek from Kongma to Mumbuk (3,550 meters)
Day 10 - Restday at Mumbuk to enjoy the sightseeing and hike around
Day 11 - Trek from Mumbuk to Yangri Kharka (3,810 meters)
Day 12 - Trek from Yangri Kharka to Merek (4,510 meters)
Day 13 - Trek from Merek to the Makalu Base Camp (4,870 meters)
Day 14/19 - Trek and drive back to Tumlingtar from Makalu Base Camp
Day 20 - Fly back to Kathmandu, transfer to hotel, shopping souvenirs and enjoy the farewell dinner
Day 21 - Fly back to home from Kathmandu
Being Outfitter in Nepal and Tour Operator of Makalu Base Camp Trek (Makalu Trek), we would like to remind you that these are just standard and tentative estimations. Weather always plays a vital role in all trekking in Nepal. The itinerary changes every season and hence we will be able to provide you with complete details of Makalu Base Camp Trek (Makalu Trek) only after you inform us about your travel arrangements and dates for Trekking in Nepal.
As your local Outfitter in Nepal, we will provide you with more information on the breathtaking Makalu Base Camp Trek (Makalu Trek) for the ultimate Trekking in Nepal Experience on request.
Our tour information pack will include the followings:
- Complete Overview of the Mountains involved during the Makalu Base Camp Trek (Makalu Trek)
- Route of the whole trek for the best trekking in Nepal experience
- Complete list of Gears Required for trekking in Nepal
- Emergency Plans and Rescue Operation overview
- Day to Day Itinerary of Makalu Base Camp Trek (Makalu Trek)
- Cost for the whole Makalu Base Camp Trek (Makalu Trek)
- Cost of permits and other un-covered expenses that you must be aware of
- Departure dates for the Makalu Base Camp Trek (Makalu Trek) of the season that you plan
- Any further information that you might request during your enquiry
Please fill in the form to receive a FREE QUOTE for your trip. All information provided through this form is kept private and will not be disclosed to third parties. We will contact you within 24 hours after receiving your request.