LANGTANG GOSAIKUNDA OVERVIEW
• Difficulty Level - 3 (On a scale of 5)
• Highest Altitude - 4,380 meters (14,366 ft)
• Group Size - 02-20 persons
• Accommodation Type - Lodge
• Duration - 14 days Kathmandu – Kathmandu
• Best Season - March to May and September to January
Way back, prior to the arrival of Tibetan migrants some 300 years ago, Langtang was considered a "Hidden Valley", a place of refuge for all those who looked for a place to get away. Located near the Tibetan border due North of Kathmandu, it is Nepal’s most accessible high trekking route.
With its close proximity and moderately high elevation, Langtang offers the highlands of Nepal to those who don’t have an extended vacation. Your Langtang Gosaikunda Trek begins in Dhunche and ascends into a forested valley adorned with Spanish moss and delicate orchids. Rising out of the forest, you enter the open upper valley. The trail OF Langtang Gosaikunda Trek follows the glacier-fed Langtang river on a high, but gentle valley floor.
In this breathtaking Langtang Gosaikunda Trek you will see that the crest of the Himalaya dominates the skyline to the north, culminating in Langtang Lirung the highest peak in the region. The highest year-round settlement in the valley is Langtang village, a community of Tibetan-speaking farmers and herders. Here, and at Kyanjing, cow-yak crossbreeds provide milk for the local cheese factories.
DAY TO DAY ITINERARY
Day 01 - Arrive at Kathmandu airport, transfer to hotel, short briefing about trip, welcome dinner
Day 02 - Sightseeing in Kathmandu’s World Heritage Places and re-checking of trekking gears
Day 03 - Early morning jeep / bus drive to Saybru (2,720 meters) via Dhunce (2,030 meters)
Day 04 - Trek from Saybrubesi to Lama Hotel (2,410 meters)
Day 05 - Trek from Lamahotel to Langtang (3,330 meters)
Day 06 - Trek from Langtang to Kanjingompa (3,730 meters) - Half day rest
Day 07 - Explore Kanjin Ri and walk around the glacier
Day 08 - Trek from Kanjingompa to Ghodetabala (2,992 meters)
Day 09 - Trek from Ghodetabala to Thulo Saybrugoan (2,210 meters)
Day 10 - Trek from Thulo Saybrugoan to Cholangpati (3,584 meters)
Day 11 - Trek from Cholangpati to Gosaikunda Lake (4,380 meters)
Day 12 - Around midday (sightseeing at Lake Gosaikunda) and start walk to Chandanbari (3,250 meters)
Day 13 - From Chandanbari to Kathmandu via Dhunche by walk and drive; transfer to hotel; farewell dinner
Day 14 - Fly back to home from Kathmandu
Being Outfitter in Nepal of the Langtang Region and Tour Operator of Langtang Gosaikunda Trek, we would like to remind you that these are just standard and tentative estimations. Weather always plays a vital role in all trekking in Nepal. The itinerary changes every season and hence we will be able to provide you with complete details of Langtang Gosaikunda Trek only after you inform us about your travel arrangements and dates for Trekking in Nepal.
As your local Outfitter in Nepal, we will provide you with more information on the breathtaking Langtang Gosaikunda Trek for the ultimate Trekking in Nepal Experience on request.
Our tour information pack will include the followings:
- Complete Overview of the Mountains involved during the Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
- Route of the whole trek for the best trekking in Nepal experience
- Complete list of Gears Required for trekking in Nepal
- Emergency Plans and Rescue Operation overview
- Day to Day Itinerary of Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
- Cost for the whole Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
- Cost of permits and other un-covered expenses that you must be aware of
- Departure dates for the Langtang Gosaikunda Trek of the season that you plan
- Any further information that you might request during your enquiry
Please fill in the form to receive a FREE QUOTE for your trip. All information provided through this form is kept private and will not be disclosed to third parties. We will contact you within 24 hours after receiving your request.