HELAMBU TREK OVERVIEW
• Difficulty Level - 2 (On a scale of 5)
• Highest Altitude - 3,597 meters (11,762 ft)
• Group Size - 02-20 persons
• Accommodation Type - Lodge
• Duration - 10 days Kathmandu – Kathmandu
• Best Season - March to May and September to January
Helambu Trek is a ten-day trek that makes a full circuit of the Helambu region. The easiest starting point for this trek is Sundarijal because of its proximity to the Kathmandu Valley. We can trek in either direction, because it closes a loop from Pati Bhanjyang, the preferred route is clockwise.
We first visit the high ridge to the west of Helambu Valley, then head to Tarke Gyang and descend to the Malemchi River before climbing back to Pati Bhanjyang. There are other possible variations, including a direct route to Tarke Gyang from Pati Bhanjying, than down the ridge through Shermathang, ending at Melamchi Bazzar.
The Helambu Trek is an easy trek with low elevation. You do not need many layers of warm clothing. This area is a non-tourist area and with a greater focus on Sherpa culture. The Helambu Trek in general takes you through the virgin landscape of Nepal into some civilizations of Sherpas and other Ethni Groups helping you understand their cultural and religious beliefs and getting a glimpse of their lifestyle and innocence.
DAY TO DAY ITINERARY
Day 01 - Arrive at Kathmandu airport, transfer to hotel, short briefing about trip, welcome dinner
Day 02 - Sightseeing in Kathmandu’s World Heritage Places and re-checking of trekking gears
Day 03 - Early morning drive to Sundarijal (about 15 kms) and start trek to Chisapani (2,194 meters)
Day 04 - Trek from Chisapani to Gulbhanjyang (2,142 meters)
Day 05 - Trek from Gulbhanjyang to Tharepati (3,597 meters)
Day 06 - Trek from Tharepati to Melumchigoan (2,560 meters)
Day 07 - Trek from Melumchigoan to Tarkeghyang (2,560 meters)
Day 08 - Trek from Tarkeghyang to Mahankal (1,219 meters)
Day 09 - Trek and drive from Mahankal to Kathmandu via Melamchi Bazzar,
transfer to hotel and enjoy the farewell dinner before you back your bags to leave
Day 10 - Fly back to home from Kathmandu
Being Outfitter in Nepal of the Langtang Region and Tour Operator of Helambu Trek, we would like to remind you that these are just standard and tentative estimations. Weather always plays a vital role in all trekking in Nepal. The itinerary changes every season and hence we will be able to provide you with complete details of Helambu Trek only after you inform us about your travel arrangements and dates for Trekking in Nepal.
As your local Outfitter in Nepal, we will provide you with more information on the breathtaking Helambu Trek for the ultimate Trekking in Nepal Experience on request.
Our tour information pack will include the followings:
- Complete Overview of the Mountains involved during the Helambu Trek
- Route of the whole trek for the best trekking in Nepal experience
- Complete list of Gears Required for trekking in Nepal
- Emergency Plans and Rescue Operation overview
- Day to Day Itinerary of Helambu Trek
- Cost for the whole Helambu Trek
- Cost of permits and other un-covered expenses that you must be aware of
- Departure dates for the Helambu Trek of the season that you plan
- Any further information that you might request during your enquiry
Please fill in the form to receive a FREE QUOTE for your trip. All information provided through this form is kept private and will not be disclosed to third parties. We will contact you within 24 hours after receiving your request.