GOSAIKUNDA-HELAMBU TREK OVERVIEW
• Difficulty Level - 3 (On a scale of 5)
• Highest Altitude - 4,380 meters (14,325 ft)
• Group Size - 02-20 persons
• Accommodation Type - Lodge
• Duration - 12 days Kathmandu – Kathmandu
• Best Season - March to May and September to January
The best way to do the Gosaikunda Helambu Trek is to visit Langtang first. For those with a short time schedule should start from Gosaikunda Lake. The lake has a black rock in the middle said to be the head of Lord Shiva. According to the legend, Lord Shiva created this high altitude lake when he pierced a glacier with his trident to obtain water to quench his thirst after consuming poison. There is a white rock under the water that is said to be remnant of an ancient shrine of Lord Shiva.
The upper part of Helambu is inhabited by Sherpa's who are very different from their cousins in Solu Khumbu. You will be happy doing this easy Gosaikunda Helambu Trek as you will walk through some of the unique traditions and cultures of Nepal and have a sight on the snow capped mountains most of the times.
This Gosaikunda – Helambu Trek will take you right into the heart of Mother Nature when it comes to wilderness and untouched beauty. This pastoral mountain journey ends with a shuttle ride back to your hotel accommodations in Kathmandu.
DAY TO DAY ITINERARY
Day 01 - Arrive at Kathmandu airport, transfer to hotel, short briefing about trip, welcome dinner
Day 02 - Sightseeing in Kathmandu’s World Heritage Places and re-checking of trekking gears
Day 03 - Early morning drive to Dunche (2,030 meters)
Day 04 - Trek from Dhunche to Chandanbari (3,250 meters)
Day 05 - Trek from Chandanbari to Gosainkunda (4,380 meters)
Day 06 - Rest Day at Gosaikunda to explore around and the Great Lake
Day 07 - Trek from Gosaikunda to Ghopte Odar (3,515 meters)
Day 08 - Trek from Gopte Odar to Kutumsang (2,470 meters)
Day 09 - Trek from Kutumsang to Chisapani (2,215 meters)
Day 10 - Trek and drive from Chsapani to Kathmandu via Sundarijal, transfer to hotel
Day 11 - Free day in Kathmandu for sightseeing and souvenir shopping followed by farewell dinner
Day 12 - Fly back to home from Kathmandu
Being Outfitter in Nepal of the Langtang Region and Tour Operator of Gosaikunda Helambu Trek, we would like to remind you that these are just standard and tentative estimations. Weather always plays a vital role in all trekking in Nepal. The itinerary changes every season and hence we will be able to provide you with complete details of Gosaikunda Helambu Trek only after you inform us about your travel arrangements and dates for Trekking in Nepal.
As your local Outfitter in Nepal, we will provide you with more information on the breathtaking Gosaikunda Helambu Trek for the ultimate Trekking in Nepal Experience on request.
Our tour information pack will include the followings:
- Complete Overview of the Mountains involved during the Gosaikunda Helambu Trek
- Route of the whole trek for the best trekking in Nepal experience
- Complete list of Gears Required for trekking in Nepal
- Emergency Plans and Rescue Operation overview
- Day to Day Itinerary of Gosaikunda Helambu Trek
- Cost for the whole Gosaikunda Helambu Trek
- Cost of permits and other un-covered expenses that you must be aware of
- Departure dates for the Gosaikunda Helambu Trek of the season that you plan
- Any further information that you might request during your enquiry
Please fill in the form to receive a FREE QUOTE for your trip. All information provided through this form is kept private and will not be disclosed to third parties. We will contact you within 24 hours after receiving your request.