AROUND DHAULAGIRI TREK OVERVIEW
• Difficulty Level - 5 (On a scale of 5)
• Highest Altitude - 5,340 meters (17,580 ft)
• Group Size - 02-16 persons
• Accommodation Type - Tent
• Duration - 19 days Kathmandu – Kathmandu
• Best Season - March to May and September to November
Around Dhaulagiri Trek or popularly known as Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek is a long and difficult trek around Dhaulagiri that starts from Beni on the Kali-Gandaki River. Following the Mayagdi River westwards to Darbang and then turning North on a tiny trail that leads through wilderness of the forests into the high country.
Much of the route of Around Dhaulagiri Trek (Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek) is on snow and glaciers as it crosses French Col (5,240 meters), traverses the head of Hidden Valley, and crosses 5,155 meters at Dhumpus Pass. The trek ends with a steep descent to Marpha and a return to Pokhara from Jomsom by flight either via the Kali Gandaki or over the Ghorepani ridge for a panoramic view of the entire Dhaulagiri massif.
Around Dhaulagiri Trek (Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek) is a fully organized camping trek and hence fitness will be put to the real test as we camp down every day and do a full day of trekking.
DAY TO DAY ITINERARY
Day 01 - Arrive at Kathmandu airport, transfer to hotel, short briefing about trip, welcome dinner
Day 02 - Sightseeing in Kathmandu’s World Heritage Places and re-checking of trekking gears
Day 03 - Morning flights to Pokhara, 4 hours drive to Beni, meet the staff
Day 04 - Trek from Beni to Babichaur
Day 05 - Trek from Babichour to Darbang
Day 06 - Trek from Darbang to Muri
Day 07 - Trek from Muri to Bagar
Day 08 - Trek from Bagar to Dovan
Day 09 - Trek from Dovan to Pakhaban
Day 10 - Trek from Pakhaban to Australian Camp
Day 11 - Rest day to enjoy the camp, sightseeing and hiking around
Day 12 - Trek from Australian Camp to Dhaulagiri Base Camp
Day 13 - Trek from Dhaulagiri Base Camp to Tukche Peak Base Camp
Day 14 - Rest day to enjoy the base camp and sightseeing
Day 15 - Trek from Tukche Peak Base Camp to Yak Kharka
Day 16 - Trek from Yak Kharka to Jomsom
Day 17 - Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara and explore Pokhara City
Day 18 - Fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel, shopping souvenirs and farewell dinner
Day 19 - Fly back to home from Kathmandu
Being Outfitter in Nepal of Dhaulagiri Region and Tour Operator of Around Dhaulagiri Trek (Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek), we would like to remind you that these are just standard and tentative estimations. Weather always plays a vital role in all trekking in Nepal. The itinerary changes every season and hence we will be able to provide you with complete details only after you inform us about your travel arrangements and dates for Trekking in Nepal.
As your local Outfitter in Nepal, we will provide you with more information on Around Dhaulagiri Trek (Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek) for the ultimate Trekking in Nepal Experience on request.
Our tour information pack will include the followings:
- Complete Overview of the Mountains involved during the Around Dhaulagiri Trek (Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek)
- Route of the whole trek for the best trekking in Nepal experience
- Complete list of Gears Required for trekking in Nepal
- Emergency Plans and Rescue Operation overview
- Day to Day Itinerary of Around Dhaulagiri Trek (Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek)
- Cost for the whole Around Dhaulagiri Trek (Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek)
- Cost of permits and other un-covered expenses that you must be aware of
- Departure dates for the Around Dhaulagiri Trek (Dhaulagiri Base Camp Trek) of the season that you plan
- Any further information that you might request during your enquiry
Please fill in the form to receive a FREE QUOTE for your trip. All information provided through this form is kept private and will not be disclosed to third parties. We will contact you within 24 hours after receiving your request.