KANCHENJUNGA EXPEDITION OVERVIEW
• Difficulty Level - 5 (on a scale of 5)
• Highest Altitude - 8586 meters (28,169 ft)
• Group Size - 06-12 Pax
• Accommodation Type - Tent
• Duration - 60 days (Kathmandu – Kathmandu)
• Best Seasons: March - May and August - October
Mountain Kanchenjunga main is deservingly the third highest peak in the planet rising to amazing 8586 meters above the sea level. Mount Kanchenjunga Main lies in the far eastern part of Nepal. Mr. George Christopher Band of the United Kingdom scaled Mount Kanchenjunga for the first time on May 25, 1955 via South West Face.
Mount Kanchenjunga has always been regarded as one of the world's most spectacular mountains and is renowned as the queen of mountains. It is encircled with dozens of peaks, each of them competing with their queen.
Located in such a thrilling surrounding, outfitting expeditions to this Beautiful Mountain Kanchenjunga has always been challenging and for local outfitters like ourselves successful summits make all the hard work worthy. The Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek in itself is a very demanding as well as panoramic trek and being local Outfitter in Nepal of the Kanchenjunga Region, operating Expeditions in the Kanchenjunga Region is the best part of our job.
MOUNT KANCHENJUNGA AT A GLANCE
First Nepali Climber: Mr. Ang phurba Sherpa topped Mount Kanchenjunga Main on May 14, 1980
Normal Ascent Route: South West Face
Caravan Route: Kathmandu – Taplejung – Mamankhe – Yamphudin – Cheram – Kanchenjunga Base Camp
Total Number of Summiteers: 295 till December 2011
There are 2 more Kanchenjunga peaks namely:
- Kanchenjunga (South) rising to 8476 m and
- Kanchenjunga standing as high as 8476 m
More information on this challenging and breathtaking expedition can be made available on request.
As your local Outfitter in Nepal, we will provide you with information pack regarding the expedition and trekking in Nepal in general which will include the followings:
- Complete Overview of the Mountain
- List of successful summiteers
- Route to the TOP and Trekking in Nepal Details
- Complete list of Gears Required for the expedition
- Emergency Plans and Rescue Operation overview
- Day to Day Itinerary
- Cost for the whole expedition
- Cost of permits and other un-covered expenses that you must be aware of
- Departure dates for the expedition of the season that you plan
- Any further information that you might request during your inquiry
Please fill in the form to receive a FREE QUOTE for your trip. All information provided through this form is kept private and will not be disclosed to third parties. We will contact you within 24 hours after receiving your request.